“I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it’s very difficult to find anyone.”

Monday 15 April 2013

Whee, Look, I Am Bad At Life

Hello and good evening poppets. I hope your days have been as merry and bright of late as mine have been dark and unimpressive. Do you want to hear a story of my stupidity and general incompetence at life and adulthood? Gather 'round.

So last night I had the worst raging headache... no really, I was actually wondering which of the cleaning products in the laundry downstairs would kill me most quickly if ingested - and when I woke up this morning it had not yet vacated my poor aching skull. So I spent today lying around, weeping over the piles of clothes on my floor, madly rushing to top up the paracetemol every time it seemed to be wearing off and, well, it wasn't that different than any other day, besides the fact that I was sick as a dog. But this evening - still feeling crappy and so on - I remembered that one of the things on the long list of 'things I was supposed to do today' was taking my car to the mechanic to get the starter motor fixed and the battery terminals replaced. My car has been having major troubles starting lately, which has been a problem.
So this evening, hoping that tomorrow I will be well enough to drive said car to work, I decided to test the car's starting and driving capabilities. It started, after a few goes, and I drove it about for a bit before I had the bright idea of turning it off and seeing if it would turn on again. It didn't. Unfortunately I chose to do this about twenty blocks from my house. And I had left my phone at home. And I had left my inhaler at home. And I was wearing my flying squirrel onesie. (Don't forget - I'm also sick. Which explains why I never changed out of said onesie all day.) Do I go and knock on a nearby door and ask to borrow a phone? No, I am far too socially anxious to do that, so I walk home, in the thunderstorm, in the squirrel onesie, in the middle of an asthma attack of fortunately mild intensity. Of course, this would be the time that all the middle aged men wearing shorts and bling and driving creepy white vans choose to pull up on the streets in my neighbourhood. (Apparently they all live near my house) There was also a police helicopter flying around with a spotlight, presumably searching for some desperate criminals in my near vicinity! Yay!
So that ends the story of my balls of fun evening. How are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

read the printed word!

Labels

A. A. Milne abortion About A Boy action movies ads Agatha Christie Alice In Wonderland Andrew Garfield Anglophilia angst Aqualung Atonement audible goodness Audrey Hepburn Babies baby Basil The Great Mouse Detective BBC Bear Grylls Beatrix Potter Beauty and the Beast Bedtime stories Benedict Cumberbatch Bible verses of awesome Billabong Billy Joel Black Books Blackstump books books you are unlikely to have read boys Britan Britishness Brooke Fraser Butlers and Valets - I want one C. S. Lewis Cabin Pressure Cat Cellos Chameleon Circuit chick flicks childhood children's books children's television shows Chocolat Chocolate Christmas clothes coffee Coldplay culture cute asian couples David Tennant Dev Patel Dick Van Dyke Disney films Doctor Horrible Doctor Who dreams Easter Easter Show Emma Enid Blyton Excerpts excitement family fanvids Fear Feminism film firefighters Firefly food Freckles freedom friends fun links G. K. Chesterton Gerald Durrell Gilbert and Sullivan God good things Gregory Peck hair Headache History home Homeschool hopes hot chocolate Howl's Moving Castle Hugarian Rhapsody hugs humiliation I love you impudence information Jane Austen Jane Austen mini-series Japanese stuff Jeeves and Wooster Josh Groban Karen and the Babes kiddiwinks Knitting L. M. Montgomery Lady Gaga Landon Pigg - what a funny name language Laughter laziness Legolas Les Miserable life lists literature Lord Of The Rings love loveliness lovely music Lovely Voices Manliness Martin Freeman Mary Poppins Matt Smith me Meet the Robinsons Michael Bublé Michael Crawford Miranda misogyny movies Mumford and Sons Music musicals Nanowrimo Narnia nasty awful films nostalgia Old fashioned old movies opinions Orthodoxy Oscar Wilde pain penguins Phantom of the Opera pictures Poetry Pride and Prejudice actors who are awesome princesses procrastination productivity QI Queen Victoria quotes rain rants Regina Spektor reviews Rhett and Link Roman Holiday romance Romola Garai Rowan Atkinson S screen caps Secondhand Lions Sesame Street Sherlock Sherlock Holmes silliness Simon and Garfunkel soundtracks Stephen Fry Stephen Moffat... stuff I like stupidity suits tea television - that dreaded monster Ten Tenors Terry Pratchett the 90s The Help The Hobbit The Princess Bride The Whitlams the zoo theatre things that make me sad things to blog about later thoughtlessness three fingers tiredness treating fictional characters like real people U2 uni Vampires videos weddings Why does this post have so many views? Wind in the Willows Winnie the Pooh Wodehouse words writers writing you and your sneaky literary references... YouTube